Wednesday, December 2, 2009

ZumoDrive

Hey y'all! I've been meaning to blog about ZumoDrive for a while now! Just today Walter S. Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal gave his review of ZumoDrive and I think you all should read it! It explains how ZumoDrive works via cloud storage. If you are looking for even more information on ZumoDrive you should check out Greg's blog.

My friends, I have personally used ZumoDrive and twice in the past month it saved my life! The first time being when I had to do a powerpoint presentation for school. I didn't need a flashdrive, I didn't need to wait through a long download, I didn't need to contact media services to hook up my macbook, I was able to access my powerpoint within seconds in front of the entire class! Man, that really helped calm my nerves! There is nothing worse than getting in front of a group of people just to have whatever technology malfunction at the point of no return.

The second lifesaving moment happened when I forgot to print out a document I needed for work and didn't remember until I was AT work! Thanks to ZumoDrive I was able to access the document while at work both on my iphone and the work computer! A total lifesaver!

As an MFT in training I'm planning on keeping all my logged hours (I need 3000 hours) saved on ZumoDrive so that I never lose them, and can have access to them at any time! I mean, what would I do if I lost those hours!?! I'd have to start all over, and we all know that could mean years of lost time and work!

There are lots of uses for ZumoDrive that you'll just have to check out for yourself. You can get up to 2GB for free :) I've actively used ZumoDrive to have access to my iTunes music collection wherever I am, and I do lots of photo sharing. The possibilities are endless. The days of hard drives are over, cloud storage is IN!

No comments: