Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On the Third Day of Christmas...

My true love sent to me…3 French Hens, 2 Turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.


As you all know I’m a big fan of all things French! So this may be my favorite part of the song ;)

Did you know that when this song was written there were three varieties of chickens associated with France? They were the Crevecoeur, the La Fleche, and the Houdans. Also, It is not known where the song originated from, but this may be a clue that it *probably* originated in France! I learned this HERE. And verified that here.



Here's another handmade card that would be cute to buy for Thank You cards for any gifts you get for Christmas. It belongs in the same collection as yesterday's post :) Both cards are by Olivia Bossy and found on Etsy.com. I'm loving her style!

No comments: