Friday, December 18, 2009

On the Fifth Day of Christmas...

... My true love gave to me 5 Golden Rings, 4 Colly Birds, 3 French Hens, 2 Turtle Doves, and a Partridge in a pear tree.


The piece of trivia I learned today is that originally the 5th day's "Golden Rings" referred to Golden-Ringed Neck Pheasants, but somewhere along the way was interpreted as 5 pieces of jewelry. And really, I can see why the meaning changed ;) After all, what girl doesn't love jewelry especially when she's already received 10 birds at this point! Wanna know for yourself?... Here's my sources: 1, 2.


Supposedly, these are really tasty birds, and were likely served as part of the the twelfth night feast long ago. I think I'd rather just look at them than eat them :)




Quite Frankly, I'd rather receive a ring like this, Chanel No. 5 Ring in Golden




Or maybe this Golden Ring, plus 4 additional others of course ;) They don't all have to be "golden".

No comments: