Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Brother Nick

My older brother Nick came to visit this week. We had a fabulous time. I was so happy that he came to visit me. Here are some of the things we did:

Day 1: I had to work, so Nick took the train to San Francisco and saw some of the sights. That evening he and I made tomato soup from scratch, it turned out super yummy, here is the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Garden-Fresh-Tomato-Soup/Detail.aspx


After dinner Nick had the best idea ever, we went hot tubbing with ice cream! It was so much fun. I want to do it all the time. You can stay in a hot tub so much longer when you are eating ice cream because your body becomes the perfect combination of hot and cold. It feels so good :) Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the scrumptious event.

Day 2: Nick and I took a mini road trip on the Pacific Coast Highway. We took Garbanzo with us too. I think Nick was blown away by how absolutely beautiful the coast and California is. We started by going to Half Moon Bay, then stopped at random beaches along the way. Then made our way to the Pigeon Point lighthouse, then down and around to Santa Cruz where we had a picnic.


Half Moon Bay


Random beach along the way


The closest Garbanzo has ever willingly gotten to the water!


Camera Happy Nick looking out the window :)


Pigeon Point Lighthouse


Garbanzo hiding from the waves in Santa Cruz




Us having our picnic in Santa Cruz... I have food in my teeth! haha!

That evening we ate at Jack's Prime, which I've mentioned before. It seriously has the best burgers in the Bay Area, not even kidding! It was a lovely day.

Day 3: Nick went for his morning run, and then we headed to Shoreline Park in Mountain View where we rented a Pedal Boat. We had a good time being on the water. There was a summer camp there that day with tons of kids on sail boats. It was funny to watch all the kids. If I was a kid I'd like to go to that summer camp :) Unfortunately I forgot my camera that day :( So no pictures.

Later that afternoon I took Nick to the airport and was so sad to see him go. Come back Nick!

No comments: