Tuesday, August 4, 2009

McCombs Visit

My parents and my two youngest brothers came to visit me and Greg the first week of July. I've been meaning to blog about it for a while now.

I had such a great time with them. We went hiking, to the beach, to the Exploratorium, met up with my cousins at Pier 39, and just relaxed. I miss them.

My youngest brother Josh just turned 16 a couple days ago, I can't believe he is so grown up. I remember being so excited that he had brown hair when he was born because I was the only child in my family that wasn't a blonde.

Benjamin was texting on his cell phone, just about the whole trip, made me realize how different my teen years were from his. I didn't get my first cell phone until my second year of college!

My dad was more in love with Garbanzo than me or Greg (well, practically, probably not really). When he left Garbanzo tried to leave with him, that's how much Garbanzo loves him :)

My mom was the best, she kept me company on one of my long runs (11 miles). My mom is my favorite running partner in the whole world. Running with my mom always means girl-time! Sometimes I find myself calling my mom in the middle of the week just to hear her voice.

Next week my older brother Nick is coming to visit. I can't wait. He is one of the most inspiring people I know. I always look forward to spending time with him.

Now I just need to convince Jannifer and Cameron to make the trip out here :)

1 comment:

Nate and Annie said...

Your mom looks exactly like I remember, but I didn't even recognize anyone else...Wow it's been soo long. I had totally forgotten that you live in that area, we are difinitely going to have to get together! We'll be moving somewhere around the middle/end of the month.