Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Zee Avi and ME!

I've been collecting some favorite singers/bands over the past couple years, I have a particular genre that sticks out to me, but I don't know what to call it. It consists of artists like Norah Jones, Belle and Sebastian, Nellie McKay, Cat Power, Carla Bruni, Kat Edmondson, Robinella, the Be Good Tanya's, Allison Kraus, Buddy Holly, Chairlift, Feist, and others. They all have something in common, but I'm not exactly sure what. All I know is that I LOVE whatever this genre is!

Well, my new Fave is ZEE AVI! If you haven't heard of her yet, you have got to give her a listen! She is an adorable 23 year old with an "old soul" check out her bio here.

She has quite a few youtube sensations, but just so you can get a little flavor of her style watch this clip:




So My lovely friend Missy and I were hanging out yesterday, sipping tea and listening to Ingrid Michaelson, and I was like "Missy, you have go to check out Zee Avi." So she looked her up online right then, we listened to a couple of Zee's songs, and then as we were reading about Zee we realized that she is coming to San Francisco on February 25th to perform! So on the spot we bought tickets!

Man, I'm feeling lucky, and can't wait for a girls trip to the city to see such a fabulous musician!

1 comment:

Mabel said...

aww she sounds so cute, like the "Cotton" comercials :)