Sunday, November 1, 2009

Life's little pleasures

I'm taking a break from writing a research paper right now. Here I am daydreaming about my weekend. Yesterday I hosted a brunch with a few friends. It was so enjoyable, just what I needed to forget all about work, school, and research papers! I was so happy with how the menu turned out. Here are some of the recipes: Pumpkin Waffles with Apple Cider Syrup, Spinach Quiche (which I adjusted significantly by adding a pie crust, 2 extra eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1 TBSP flour, 1 clove garlic-minced, fresh spinach--heated just until wilted, and some garlic salt).

Later in the evening we went to Mabel's for a Halloween dinner and movie. So nice. I wish I was there right now. I can't wait to be done with school! June can't come fast enough!

To cope I just have to focus on life's little pleasures.


isn't this picture pretty!

1 comment:

Nate and Annie said...

Thanks again for inviting us! We had a great time and everything was delish!