Sunday, July 26, 2009

Funny Story



On Friday I went to the City to the running Expo to pick up my race packet. Every year the Expo is full of vendors giving away or selling all sorts of items. Items like t-shirts, race frames, bed sheets (weird), shoes, and all sorts of goodies like peanut butter, granola, and power bars. I rode the train up to Expo with Greg on his way to work, which was when I remembered something terribly funny that happened at the Expo last year. I thought I'd share that story.

So this it, I was walking around the Expo (2008) taking as many free samples as possible. I had already sampled fruit smoothies, granola bars, energy beans, you name it. I was going from table to table just taking things. At one particular table I started taking power bars (you know those candy bar like things that are suppose to give you energy), the man behind the table said to me, "You have to pay for these." Not even thinking, I said to him, "Oh, I'm just taking samples." Then I walked away with one in my mouth. The man just stared at me blankly, and it wasn't until three or four tables later that I realized, OMG, he was telling me I had to pay! I blatantly stole power bars and looked him straight in the face as I did it. He was so shocked he just let me do it.

This year, they got smart and labeled every item's price. Probably because of me. haha!

Update: Today I ran the San Francisco 1/2 marathon. I did ok, a little slower than last year, but I'm happy with my results. :) Glad to be done.

5 comments:

Meg said...

That is pretty funny Kj, I guess you didn't go back either?!?How did you do on your race?

Kjerry said...

I did ok. I ran it in 1 hour and 53 mins. Last year I did it a minute or two faster. Average pace = 8:39. I was hoping to do sub 8:30min/mile. Are you running much?

Meg said...

Running whats that? It isn't that comfy to run while being pregnant so I am using that as my excuse to take a break. I really hope to start racing after though. I miss it, and I miss my highschool running body:)

Melissa said...

i laughed and laughed when i read this post! Thieves should learn a lesson from you! Sweet + Pretty Girl= okay, go ahead and steal! I won't object. haha. We missed you in napa today!! We kept wishing that you were there to get "happy" with us. We'll do it again next time for sure. See you on sat :)

Kjerry said...

Megs, I think being pregnant is a very good excuse not to run ;) and for the record I also miss my high school running body :)

Missy-I wish I had gone to Napa too! my client didn't even show up! I felt like I wasted my whole day. Next time thought, next time :)