Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Eli!!!!!!!!


I've realized that the older I get the harder it is to make genuine friends. All through elementary school, middle school, and high school, it is easy to find friends that have similar interests, senses of humor, or whatever else you are looking for in a friend. Not to say that I don't have great friends now because I absolutely do. It seems that at certain life stages friends can be few and far between. That was the case when I moved to California two and half years ago. I was lucky though. I met a few friends in a French class taught at the Bechtel International Center at Stanford: Eli, Yumiko, and Annie :) These three girls are seriously some of the most interesting, open-minded, fun, and genuine people I've ever known. I was so sad when all three moved away a year ago. I've missed our weekly get-togethers, our self-taught French classes, our lunches, poker nights, just everything. So you can imagine how happy I was yesterday when Eli came to visit :)

I had such a great time with Eli yesterday. A year ago she moved to Texas, so I got to hear all about her transition. I feel completely inspired by her! She has gotten so involved in so many activities in TX. She teaches Spanish and French, she is learning Italian, she dances and dances, and lives her life passionately. She's really done a great job at putting herself out-there socially (which is such a scary thing to do), and it seems that she had made a lot of friends.

We went to lunch like in the good old days and totally reminisced and missed our dear Yumiko and Annie. Come visit girls, we need a reunion! In the evening we (and Greg) went to The Guild, in Menlo Park and saw the movie Whatever Works. It was such a good day. I was sad it ended, and sad that it doesn't happen more often, but so happy that it happened.

Thanks for the visit Eli!

Bisous!

No comments: