Sunday, October 25, 2009

WICKED

Sorry to flood you all with blog posts, I didn't want to shove everything on my mind into one long- disconnected post, so you get it this way :P

Today was a magical day.

Greg got me tickets to the Broadway musical Wicked, which we went to today. We started out by going to a Farmers Market in San Francisco where we got some yummy Gyros :)

Then we headed to the Orpheum theater to see Wicked! It was so good! It made me fall in love with live-performance musicals! It was so well done, I'm in awe at the singing, the instrumentals, the lighting, the stage, everything! I'm not kidding, you HAVE to see it!

After Wicked we went to dinner at Suppenküche, which is a German restaurant I read about on Yelp. It had over 1,000 reviews with a 4 star rating! And let me tell you, I give it a 4 1/2 star rating. The food is amazing! I got Jägerschnitzel in Champignonsoße mit Spätzle und grünem Salat~Sauteed Porkloin in Mushroom Sauce served with Spätzle & Green Salad. I ate the ENTIRE meal because it is just that good! So tasty delicious! Greg got the Kassler vom Grill mit Sauerkraut und Kartoffelbrei~Grilled Cured Pork Chop with Sauerkraut & Mashed Potatoes, and it was the tenderest, most beautiful, most tasty pork chop ever (I had to try it). The experience seriously makes me want to visit Germany. I don't give it 5 stars because if you have less than 6 people they will sit you with strangers, unless you choose to sit at the bar, which is what we did!


Farmers Market
Cute girls buying honey
Yummy Gyro
"The Wizard Will See You Now!"

SuppenKüche
delicious! but poor lighting for a camera without a flash.

Thank you Greg for a wonderful day and a wonderful birthday! I love you :)

5 comments:

Surabhi said...

Aw sounds like you had a great birthday :)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! It was great to see you on Friday and celebrate :)

When we were in Germany, random people/strangers would join other strangers at their tables for dinner -- even if they were half way through eating a meal. It was neat to see how friendly everyone was. Maybe the restaurant you went to was playing off of that :)

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you had fun!! I'm really digging all these posts. It gives me something fun to read and distract myself with ;) Have a great week!

xoxo,
melissa

Jared and Katie said...

Happy Birthday late! That looks fun! I want to come visit again!

Nate and Annie said...

Sounds like my kind of day! I adore German food and the SF farmers' market is definitely my fav!