Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Greg



Today is Greg's birthday. I thought I'd write a blog about him. He's the best, he really is. I'm so lucky to be married to him.

Tonight we went out to dinner at Saffron Indian Bistro in San Carlos (very yummy) to celebrate. For some reason we were talking about what it would be like to be a drug dealer (we are kinda weird like that, haha). In the middle of the conversation I was like, "hey Greg, do you remember when I wanted you to move to Cedar City and become a drug dealer instead of going to Stanford?" We both remembered and had a good laugh.

To put that comment into context for you, way back when Greg and I were first dating he lived in Salt Lake City, and I lived in Cedar City (four hours away from each other). We were already dating long distance, and I was trying to convince him to move to Cedar City, and he was trying to convince me to move to Salt Lake. Then Greg was accepted into a graduate program at Stanford, which meant he'd be even farther away from me :( I was excited for him, but I still wanted to convince him to move to Cedar City to be with me until I graduated. He was like, "hmmm....go to Stanford... or go to Cedar City? Tough choice. What could I do in Cedar City?" So I told him, "Well, sure you could go to Stanford and then someday makes lots and lots of money and be super successful, but if you came to Cedar City you could be a drug dealer. You'd have lots of money really fast, and I guarantee it'd be an exciting life ;)" Well, although he ended up living far far away from me for a while, he made the right decision and went to Stanford instead of becoming a drug dealer. We still haven't struck it rich so now we are both considering becoming drug dealers.

Well, the truth is I'm really proud of Greg. Not only is he a smarty pants, but he is my most favorite person to spend my time with. There is no one in this world I'd rather grow old with. I love you Greggy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

what kind of "goodies" are you guys selling these days? lol