Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Redji-roo

As of Monday I'm officially on Spring Break, possibly the last "real" break of my life. I think Redji knows it's spring because just this past week he's been coming out and walking around, climbing on things, and being really happy for most of the day (he is much more active than usual). So today, I decided to take Redji to the park. It's been since last summer that I took him, poor little guy. I think he loved it! He always perks out his head over the grass, looks where he wants to go, and then starts walking as fast as he can. Every once in a while he stops to check if he is going in the right direction still, and occasionally redirects himself, or chooses a new destination. When Greg and I lived in Redmond, WA we use to take him to the park and put him on the slide...I think he loved that ;)

While I was at the park I laid out on a beach towel and started reading Big Sur by Jack Kerouac. Ever since I wrote that post entitled On the Road by Jack Kerouac, I've been wanting to read some of Jack's other books. Since I love Big Sur (the place) I thought Big Sur (the book) would be a good one to start with. Reading for pleasure is SOOOO much better than reading for school, blah.

Back to Redji... the other day Greg left one of his computers on the floor and I found Redji basking on it. It was all toasty warm, it made me laugh. Redji is always finding the warmest spots in the house, or the spots with the most tangled up chords, which he loves to get stuck in.
In a week and a half we are going to Half Moon Bay to go camp on the beach, and you can be sure that Redji is coming with us. Our favorite thing to do with Redji is to take him camping. He loves it. He doesn't usually like the car ride, but when we get there he loves to roam around and dig, and eat the weeds. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Mabel said...

Redji is so cute, he sits like Cinnamon when she is tired!!

Kjerry said...

I bet cinny and Redji could be friends :) we should take them to the park.