Monday, March 23, 2009

Nike+ iPod Pouch

For Christmas I got a Nike +, which is a little device that keeps track of the miles you run, how fast you run them, and how many calories you burn while listening to your music on your ipod. I LOVE it! To use it you are suppose to buy Nike + shoes that have a little pouch in one of the soles of the shoe to place the device. Well, I didn't want to buy a new pair of shoes, so I made a little pouch that attaches to my shoe laces. It works so well, and is SOOOOO much cheaper than a new pair of shoes. It's pretty cute too.

To use it you place the Nike + sensor into the pouch, which is designed to hold it securely in place. The sensor does not have much room to wiggle in its pocket inside the pouch because the inner pocket is fastened shut with velcro.

Then you simply wrap the pouch through the bottom laces of your running shoes. The sensor will be held securely between the laces and the tongue of the shoe. After fastening your laces as you normally would, both ends of the pouch secure together with velcro.

I thought I'd try selling some on ebay since I'm guessing most people don't want to have to keep re-buying nike + shoes, when they could buy my pouch for super cheap once! I hope it sells :)


Here it is attached to my dirty shoe

Here it is laid out flat, next to the sensor.
The inner pouch is roughly the same size as the sensor
(so it holds the sensor securely), but is hard to display in a picture.

3 comments:

Jared and Katie said...

I'm impressed! You're so creative! Jare and I will probably get married in July or August but he's being really slow about asking me so I keep teasing him that it won't happen for 5 years! But hopefully still this summer! Ha! How are you?

Kjerry said...

Yay! It sold :)

Melissa said...

that is so cool! you're such a good entrepreneur ;)