Thursday, July 31, 2008

MORE PIZZA


Back in March I wrote a post about pizza in the Bay Area. Tonight Greg and I went out to dinner with our friends Gautam and Mindy to a restaurant called "Cicero's Pizza, the pizza with the secret." Gautam and Mindy are big fans of this restaurant, and now we are too. This pizza was like no pizza I've ever had before. It is the thinnest crust I've ever had. It is thin in the same way that Saltines are thin. I admit, sometimes it is the chewy thick crust that is appealing about a pizza, but the Cicero crust is nothing to laugh at, it is YUMMY!

Our friends recommended the cheese pizza because otherwise it is like having a salad on top of a thin crust, and this pizza is about the taste and texture of the crust. The sauce is pretty good too, sweet, but not too sweet. We also got a pepperoni pizza, which was good because it wasn't too much topping. If you want more information you can check them out here: http://www.cicerospizza.com/

One really great thing about Cicero's pizza is that you can eat a lot of it before getting full. Since the crust is thin you'll want to eat more slices than usual and hence enjoy it over a little more time than a regular pizza. This is a good pizza to eat when enjoying the company of friends.



Since Greg and I moved to San Mateo in May we've started ordering pizza from ZORBAS PIZZA www.zorbaspizza.com
This pizza is delicious! It is my favorite. They have a pretty diverse menu, and as usual we generally get the pepperoni pizza, but sometimes we get it with olives too:) This pizza has a chewy crust; a crust to die for. It is much thicker than Cicero's crust, which is a plus for this pizza. The crust kinda reminds me of Papa John's crusts; chewy. They also have yummy cheese and delicious sauce. I could eat this pizza every week and never get sick of it. ZORBA's also has a really delectable greek salad. I haven't tried any of their other salads, but I would recommend this one.

Now I'm in the mood to have a pizza party.

No comments: