Thursday, June 19, 2008

1/2 burned


I've had a little extra time lately since I'm out of school for the summer. For a while now I've been complaining (mostly to myself) that I am pasty and need a tan. When I lived in Utah I use to go tanning all the time, but curiously, living out here in California, I've hardly gone at all. Partly because tanning in Utah is cheaper than out here in the Bay Area. Partly because Utah summers are great for laying out in the backyard, and here I don't have a backyard. Anyway, back to the story, I decided to lay out at the pool today. I clearly wasn't keeping track of the time, or about how much time I was spending on my back vs. my front...a while after coming inside from my long lay-out session I felt the back of my legs burning, then my back burning. I went to look in the mirror...my front side looked great, slightly tan with no burn...a good base tan to start the summer out with. Then I turned around, my entire back side is as RED as a lobster...seriously! So now I'm half burned...I'm kinda embarrassed, ah well, that's what I get for exposing my skin to the harmful sun's rays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That happened to me the other day, too! I got SO BURNED and peeled SO BAD IT WAS SO GROSS OH MAN. Then I started getting really paranoid that I was somehow already getting skin cancer from getting sunburnt a week ago. (That can't happen, can it?)